White Vans are the classy shoes that can go with almost every dress. The brightness of the white shoes makes them very attractive but unfortunately with time they start to become dull and rough. The dullness and dirt are inevitable when you wear shoes every day. Most of resturant workers wear vans non slip shoes daily and get them dirty easily.
Shoe cleaning is an essential part of routine to keep shoes white and fresh. So, if you got your white vans dirty, there is not a big deal to clean them and make white again. Most of the times, due to direct sunlight and other stains white vans got yellowish appearance. You can remove yellow stains from white shoes if they are spots. But if the whole shoes got dirty, keep following the whole procedure to clean the white vans.
Before proceeding further, the one question that mostly people ask …
Can You Wash White Vans?
You can only wash canvas vans. But this is not recommended and especially in case of leather vans and suede vans we highly discourage the washing in washing machine.
New vans can get beaten in washing machine and that will not only harm the fabric of vans shoes but also make them rough. So, if your canvas vans are old and dirty and you’re lazy enough to wash them by hand only then opt the washing machine.
How to Wash Canvas Vans in Washer?
- Remove dust by dry bristle brush from dirty canvas vans
- Put them in the mesh laundry bag
- Put the bag in washing machine
- Run washer on low or moderate spin
- Look after few spins if they are cleaned or want more spinning
Always Use laundry detergent without staining and keep low concentration of detergents to avoid their yellowing effect.
Note that, leather and suede vans are made up of material that cannot withstand high water pressure. Moreover, Leather vans will get a lot of creases and suede vans will get its fabric damaged in washing machine.
What to Use to Clean White Vans?
You will need following material.
- Baking soda and hydrogen per oxide
- Bleach or Oxiclean
- Laundry detergent or Dish Soap
- Magic Eraser
- A Microfiber towel
- A piece of cloth or Toothbrush
- Newspapers to insert in shoes for making the shoe front stiff
How to Clean White Vans
You can clean dirty white vans with variety of cleaning methods like using magic eraser, laundry detergent, baking soda and hydrogen per oxide. These methods to clean white vans that can be easy and effective for you as discussed below.
Cleaning White Canvas and Slip On Vans
Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide
This is the best way to clean dirty white vans. This method is very effective to remove stains if done properly.
- Have a half glass water in bowel
- Add enough baking soda to make water thicker like loose paste
- Add few drops of hydrogen per oxide
- Mix again until it becomes a loose paste
- Apply the paste on dirty white vans
- Let them dry in air for 3 to 4 hours
- After that, Clap the shoes to remove dried paste
- Wipe shoes with wet microfiber towel
- Let them dry
Dish Soap or Laundry Detergent
- Take a cup of water
- Add few drops of dish soap liquid
- Or add two tea spoon of laundry detergent
- Mix them together
- Dip a piece of cloth and toothbrush in it for soaking
- Scrub that toothbrush on shoes until shoes are cleaned
- Wipe the foam of detergent by microfiber towel
- Let the shoes dry for few hours.
Expert’s Tips: Don’t use too much detergent and dry shoes in air rather than exposing to direct sunlight.
Moreover the below video can be super helpful…
Using Bleach or Oxiclean
- Take a glass of water
- Mix it with five to seven drops of bleach
- Or use one fourth of cup of oxiclean per gallon water
- Soak a toothbrush or piece of cloth
- Clean your dirty canvas until it becomes clean and clear
- Rinse the excessive soapy foam with microfiber towel
- Let the shoes dry for few hours
Expert’s Opinion: You can also soak vans in prepared solution of half an hour then clean them by toothbrush. Don’t Use too much bleach that will cause the white shoes to turn yellow. Always use dye less bleach.
- Soak a piece of cloth in magic eraser
- Scrub it on the dirty white vans
- If stains are stubborn on few spots, deal them with detergent
- Let the shoes dry at room temperature
You can also use toothpaste for cleaning white shoes. It’s always recommended to use white colored toothpaste that is stain free, otherwise colored toothpaste can also stain the shoes.
Scrub toothpaste on dirty stained area, leave that for few minutes. Then, wipe that with wet cloth or towel.
How to Clean White Vans That Turned Yellow?
The best way to clean white vans that turned yellow is to clean them by making a paste of baking soda and water with few drops of hydrogen peroxide. Don’t forget to avoid using more peroxide, only two or three drops are enough for one time cleaning.
How to Clean White Leather Vans?
Baking soda is very effective for cleaning leather vans.
- Mix One part baking soda with two parts of water to make paste
- Scrub the paste on leather vans until they are clean
- Use A piece of cloth or brush for scrubbing
- Wipe them with microfiber towel.
- Let the white leather vans dry.
Expert’s Opinion: Use Leather conditioner to keep leather vans clean and brand new.
How to Keep White Vans Clean?
- Clean your shoes regularly and remove the dust of mud attached to vans shoes.
- Use stain repellents before wearing white shoes.
- Avoid muddy and dirty areas for walking.
- Cover your shoes with plastic bag while dealing with liquids.
Can you clean white vans with Vinegar?
Vinegar is effective for cleaning white suede vans. Make a cleaning solution by adding one third of vinegar in water. Clean suede shoes with prepared vinegar solution.
How to clean white soles of Vans?
You can remove mud and sand with hard bristle brush. For suffed and dirty stained white soles, we recommend using magic eraser that is increadibly effective to clean white soles of sneakers.
If you have any question, Put in comments!